- The primary professional responsibility of every educator is the welfare of all students within his or her care.
- Educators will endeavour to promote such relationships between school and home as will contribute to the welfare and comprehensive development of each student.
- Educators will strive to achieve standards of professional and industrial conduct and display attitudes towards their colleagues which will create mutual respect.
- Educators will assert their professional, industrial and civil rights and support their colleagues in the defence of these rights.
- Educators will strive to fulfil their responsibilities in a manner which will enhance the prestige of our profession and our union.