Fabulous PD opportunity at NT Professional Issues Conference
The AEU NT is pleased to provide a special professional development opportunity for educators.
In conjunction with our friends at the Independent Education Union QNT, the Northern Territory Professional Issues conference at the Novotel in Darwin CBD on Saturday 6 May will discuss topical issues relating to teaching, and provide an opportunity to network with teachers from across school sectors.
With a choice of various workshops such as dealing with high risk behaviours, legal issues and wellbeing, there is something for everyone. This is an opportunity to access five hours of high-quality professional development at a very affordable price - just $90 for AEU members. Attendance is also open to non-members for $150.The workshop topics include:
- Australian Professional Standards for Teachers. Understanding the requirements for moving from provisional to full teacher registration and HAT and Lead Teacher Accreditation. Presented by the Teacher Registration Board.
- Impact of Government Policy on Our Mind Space and that of Our Students. How does government policy influence behaviour and actions? Presented by Dr Simon Moss, Charles Darwin University
- High Risk Behaviours - what these are and how to respond. Teachers deal with a complex range of student behaviours on a daily basis - what is the best way to respond? Presented by Emily Rotta, Transitional Support Counsellors
- Legal Issues for Teachers & Educators. How do teachers manage the requirements of duty of care, yard duty, camps and excursions? Presented by Rachel Drew, Partner, Holding Redlich Lawyers
- Mental Health and Wellbeing at Work. What can educators do to mange stress amid the demands of their work? Presented by Dr Rachel Hannam, Psychologist
Register now to secure your place - the deadline is Friday 21 April!
Thank you for reading
If you found this information useful, please share on your social media platform of choice, and help spread the word.