2021 Branch Executive elections: nominations open
Nominations are open from Friday 3 September until 11.30am (ACST) Friday 17 September, 2021 for various positions on the AEU NT's Branch Executive, as well as a number of AEU Federal roles. Nominations must be in writing, comply with AEU Rules and be lodged with the AEC Returning Officer (not the AEU).
Branch Executive (E2021/63)
Nominations are open for the following positions on Branch Executive:
- Darwin Executive Councillors (4)
- Palmerston Executive Councillors (3)
- Katherine Executive Councillors (2)
- Alice Springs Executive Councillors (2)
- Arnhem Executive Councillors (2)
- Barkly Executive Councillor (1)
The Branch Executive is the AEU NT’s governing body when the annual Branch Conference is not in session. It meets at least six times per year and manages the union’s finances, endorses policies and actions, and guides the actions of the union between Branch Conferences. You can find out more about our governing structure here.
Members of Executive are asked to attend at least six meetings of Branch Executive each year, as well as Branch Conference. Release from ordinary duties is arranged where required and, although these positions are unpaid, all costs associated with carrying out the duties of the role are met by the union.
The role of Regional Executive Councillors is to represent, report and be responsible to the members of their region. The AEU has six regions and each region is allocated a regional Executive Councillor for each 200 members or part thereof. Regional Executive Councillors typically assist in the co-ordination of regional meetings and bring issues concerning members in the region to the attention of Branch Executive. Regional Executive Councillors must be members of the region they represent and are elected by members of that region.
The term of office for these positions is two years, with the successful candidates commencing their term of office in January 2022.
Federal AEU positions (E2021/73)
Nominations are also open for a number of positions representing the AEU NT Branch on federal bodies.
- Federal Conference Delegates representing the General Division (1)
- Yalukit Yulendj (National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Committee) (General Division) Member (1)
- National Principal Committee (General Division) Member (1)
- National Early Childhood Committee (General Division) Member (1)
- National TAFE Council Executive Member (1)
- National TAFE Council Delegate (1)
- Yalukit Yulendj (National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Committee) (TAFE Division) Member (1)
Northern Territory Branch
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Federal Conference Delegate (1)
How to nominate
Should you wish to nominate for any of the above positions, you will need to complete a nomination form (download below). If you would like more information about what any of these roles entails, contact the Branch Secretary, Adam Lampe, on 08 8948 5399.
Candidates for the positions must fill out and submit the attached nomination form below.
Download the election notice and nomination form for the Branch Executive elections (E2021/63)
Download the election notice and nomination form for federal AEU positions (E2021/73)
Thank you for reading
If you found this information useful, please share on your social media platform of choice, and help spread the word.